Working with HKC for TownWest Western Finals is quite frustrating. Two weeks after initial period of "writing the script" I still haven't gotten it, and yet I need to "know it inside out" for tomorrow's rehearsal. This is so much fun. "Working with" this one particular person drives me insane. I'm trying so hard to not hate her and be nice and considerate and everything, but it's really really difficult. Because it feels like such a lie. I know I would much rather not have to have anything to do with her, but because I have to work with her until Friday (and possibly for the rest of the year) I'm going to have to learn to love her.
I remember a similar (yet quite different situation) with someone from ACF. There was just something about this person that I could not stand. Maybe it was the way that they presented themselves, the way they expressed their thoughts, and although I'm sure it was with best intentions, it always came across as "I am knowledgeable in all, I am doing you a favour by telling you about it. Listen to me because I am important because I know things that you don't." For the longest time, this bugged me, and as a result, I also came up with other "reasons" to dislike this person. The person's physical presentation, little habits, anything. I talked to several people about it, just to "let it out" so that it wouldn't be something that built up inside, because that's never good. Most of the people I talked to agreed with me, but the thing that got to me was: I knew I shouldn't be acting the way I was towards this person. I wasn't intentionally trying to be mean to this person, but I was aware that whenever I had to talk directed to them my tone would change and so would my entire attitude. I wasn't sure if other people could tell, but I thought they could, and I didn't want to keep going on like this for the rest of the year. So I made a conscious effort to try harder to be nice to this person, talk to them more, give them another chance to redeem themselves in my eyes. This past Sunday, I realized that I was successful, because as I was talking to this person, I realized that I did not feel the dislike within me that I felt all of retreat weekend. Kudos to God for working within me, despite my negligence.
Back to paragraph 1, HKC isn't all bad. Today we had a Promotions Executive meeting and we ended off with "getting to know each other" games. The name game, and Chubby Bunny. Through this, I'm not sure if I learned anything but it was definitely a good reminder to me as to why I joined HKC exec. Another point to God.
Thirdly (although this happened first), last night I was complaining to several people (one of them being Abe) about how I had to be on campus from 1030am to 730pm today with no breaks in between. About half an hour after I said that, I got an email from my VP saying that booth was cancelled for today (which freed up a lunch time). Point to God. In this time, I was able to come back to res where I ended up meeting Chris Luk in the caf and we had pretty good conversation. Another point to God. And TownWest Rehearsal Part 2 ended up 45 minutes early, which allowed me to come home early, take a shower, and write this blog before I head down to 318 to watch America's Next Top Model. Which reminds me I'm late cuz my suitemate is watching it with her boyfriend right now. More later, gotta run.
(edit - 126am)
so something i learned is that God will give me what i need. anything unnecessary is simply that - unnecessary. I don't need it, so it's okay if i don't get it. for example, #1 my motivation for going to the first HKC general meeting was hoping to win of the many prizes they were offering. i had 4 raffle tickets so i figured i had pretty good chance. not even close. however i did get to meet Nick and actually talk to him this time. end result: no material prize, but gained a (potentially) awesome (nonabusive) friendship. #2 a certain Thursday, CSA is holding its first general meeting. i didn't make the exec, thus have no more reason of going that i did before. I really want to go because it's the first general meeting, but this particular Thursday is also the very last official Frosh Cell of the year. and I love Frosh Cell, I could never give up Frosh cell for something else. (maybe a little extreme, but i love frosh cell.) In the end, I go to frosh cell, which i do not regret at all. turns out CSA's meeting sucked, while I had an absolute f-ing blast at Frosh Cell. did i tell you how much i love frosh cell? end result: miss out on CSA's first general meeting, in return I walk into Enoch's fist a couple of times and attempt to smackdown Linna while also trying to jam my foot up Enoch's crotch. I LOVE my Small Group leaders. hahaha. heart
by the way, i love typing on my laptop. it makes me feel so smart and professional. the sound of the keys clacking, the feel of the keys lowering themselves beneath the pressure of your fingertips, the smoothness, the flow. oh, what love.

4 comments:
Interesting day...brought to you by GOD! Yeah, God is awesome and definitely good. He makes all things well in His own timing and thankfully, not our's!
foot on enoch's crotch???
now i'm interseted to know what happened.
wai lo lo! found your blog. what are your other ones? are you gonna use this one from now on?
hey loanne...looks like i also found your blog! (i hope it's Loanne, if it isn't this is going to look really retarded) its Shirley! the summit one (this year's summit one) lol....
haha frosh cell always rocks! too bad i wasn't there for the last one :P heheheh. come over for dinner/hanging out anytime tho :) *and women's cell of course*
Post a Comment