Sunday, October 22, 2006

Last night I talked to Abe. Something about not wanting to go to church today. He said that I should go because...
...it's not good to skip church. And a whole bunch of other reasons.

At the last minute I decided to go to GTA. It gave me time to catch up on some sleep, and still go to church, and continue my church-hopping. I take the transit according to PS 511's instructions, and I arrive at 1115am. As I'm walking towards the door, I see Christina who has just gotten off the bus from Alumni. So I'm not so alone anymore. As service is about to start, upper year ACFers walk in. There's worship, announcement, more worship, drama, sermon.

Talking to Abe last night, several things. Reasons for not wanting to go, and overall feeling of unsatisfaction, and motivation to keep going. Proof of God: He answers in good time. Very good time. And He reminds us constantly (Something I've learned repeatedly, yet constantly ignore.)

Today's service was definitely different from what I expected, simply because I expected it to be something similar to what happens at most other churches I've been to. Although a little awkwarded in the beginning, and unsure if I was feeling it or acting it, I try to give it my heart. Try to break down the walls that I've been building for some purpose beyond me at the moment.

Sermon notes are fill-in-the-blank, never had that before, but good for paying attention and taking notes. I liked this morning's speaker, it was close, personal and not overlydramatic nor boring. Several things I picked up of importance:
  • If you are filled with the spirit but there is no outflow, it will die.
  • In order to follow, you must move. If He is moving and you are not, how far away is He from you? He's not going to stop and wait for you.
  • In OT times, devotion, doing whatever God called you to, meant death. Devotion= going all the way. Comparatively, do we, today, even come close to understanding devotion?
  • If we cannot have communion with each other, we cannot have communion with God.
  • If we don't plant or water, there can't be a harvest - there is nothing growing to harvest.
  • The Key to Living in the Spirit is having the mind of Christ. Being and doing come from the way we think, from what controls our minds. WWJD would be irrelevant because we would already be doing it.
These things I (re)learned today. Some of them answering things Abe and I talked about last night. Slight inspiration, reminds me of what Abe told me last night. I guess it's a conformation of sorts. I should probably start the action now. Take initiative. I hope I already did before I realized it, about a week ago when I agreed to be Gavin's actor.

2 comments:

anonymous said...

Know what Lo-Anne? One thing I've found in my life is if I let myself get hyped up from spiritual things (resulting in a period of inspiring spiritual push for lots of God) and then after the "hype up" I let myself live without the presence of Christ (constant communion and fellowship with Him & involving Him in my whole day) I become a powerless Christian. It's Satan's tactic to have us stay in a lull and be "ok" with being a "half-decent" Christian (in other words, a powerless Christian--something he wants). I would lose my focus and I personally feel literally weaker. I would feel like my days were just composed of me going through the motions of living.

However, when I come before God and ask Him to guide me out of this satisfaction of "ok" and to help me get out of Satan's lulling trap, it's not so hard. As we grow and draw closer to God, we will get stronger against this lull and have a burning passion for Him. His Word is truly a refreshment and it restores our souls (Psalm 23:2-3).

So don't give up! Ask God to give you strength to get out of the lull of settling for the present and push yourself for want and desire of more from God and especially more of God.

You know my cell if you ever need to talk about anything =)

lyang13 said...

I'm glad u have gotten a refreshen course on the truth. If you dont know me or recognise me thats ok, just know its a brother in Christ. Anyways, i find what happens when i escape from satan's lies and see things clearly is that God shows me that there is so much more, not with guilt but with hope. all satan does to me is just attacking me about how i'm not living up to standard, but God would say theres so much more i want you to experience, so drop everything u have and come with me. i also find in my spiritual walk that the power has already being sealed in me when i accepted Christ. So if i need power from God, i dont need to ask for more power because he has already given me, i just need to see that i have it, and use it. If u watch bleach, kenpachi is a very good example. He has all these power, but its kept under control by his eyepatch. We as christians when we need God's power, we just have to take off our eyepatches and bam, all the lies, the sins, the attacks are defeated, cos God over powers all of them, booyah!!!