Saturday, July 05, 2008

Memories: "Everything"

so I was blowing dry my hair when I caught a glimpse of the note my friend wrote me in regards to the skit we put on for ACF Fall Coffeehouse 2007. I felt that I should watch the video again. So I did.
Watching the skit, I realized that I had forgotten the power of redemption. I had forgotten that even though there are a million and one ways to screw up, God still loves you and Jesus has paid your debt. I had forgotten that we are forgiven for all the ways we've wronged God and for all the sins we have yet to commit. I had forgotten about the glory of God that showers light over His kingdom. Instead, I hid in a corner in shame.
I tried to blend into the crowd, tried to get passed off as another child of the Light. I tried to keep "doing" to re-convince myself, you know, "fake it 'til you make it". I was hoping that going through the motions would remind me of the ways things should be. Then I realized I was being a complete idiot. I need God to help me through the things I can't do. I can't do it all by myself. It's just not possible.
When we let go and let God do what He does, great things happen. When I stressed over making sure the skit went well, I got frustrated, and people got frustrated at me. I turned into a giant prick, and rehearsals were not fun times. When I let go and trusted that God would touch the people He planned to touch at coffeehouse despite the quality of our performance, mountains moved. "Skeptics" who had seen the skit plenty of times came up to us after the performance and said that they had been more moved than the first time they saw the skit.
Another moment of "letting go" was trying to make sure that I did not compare the HYPE's performance of the Everything skit to the one we had performed earlier in the school year. Once again, God revealed Himself.


... now if only I could let go in regards to finding a job -_-"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YAY HYPE kids...they were fabulous, even through rehearsals!

-Stephanie