so I'm watching the ACF Banquet videos from first and second year.
It reminds me that there were good times, there were not so good times, and there were AWESOMELY AMAZINGLY GREAT times!!
I'm really excited for the school year to start again.
Not just because I'll get to see everybody but also partly because I'm hoping my somewhat excitedness for learning has peaked again. And hopefully that will stick with me.
Watching the first video, I remembered how much fun we had, how much love that was spread. I remember not being burdened by stupid, irrelevant things. Accepting this love, and building on the newfound friendships.
Watching the second video, I realized I had forgotten all the things I had learned in first year. Taking on responsibility had made me lose focus on what was really important. I see these pictures of things I had done in the beginning of the year, and I realized that I've totally forgotten how much fun I had, sometimes even forgetting altogether that I did it. and that's sad.
Watching the videos though, I got excited for next year. Ideas of making cupcakes for birthdays, or gingerbread men with names on them. Random house raidings. Dropping by first year rezs. The things we talked about doing back in first year "when we became upper years" to show the first years what it really meant to be part of ACF. I realize that half way through this year, I had forgotten most of my foundations. I had forgotten the real reason why I moved to Summit was to be surrounded by ACF people, to be in a community, and to spread the love and randomness. Instead, I started thinking about living costs and expenses. I had forgotten the reason why I became a small group leader was the spread the love and caring that I had been shown to me in my first year. Instead, I focussed on planning events, turn outs and success. My job became all about the money instead of just another life experience. I had forgotten all the real deep reasons for why I did things and had become lost in the chaotic world of temporary.
There are so many people that I'm sure I've "left behind and forgotten". The people in the Asian Clubs, the people from first year rez, people within my own year, who I just don't talk to as often anymore. I became stuck in a bubble that was just so comfortable I didn't bother trying to get out. I'm not sure if I'm still shielded by this veil of comfort, but I want to attempt to make a change. A change for the better. A change in the right direction. I continue to need guidance. I continue to need support. and the most important thing I've learned, is that I continue to need God's presence in my life.
Congrats Baby T on making med school in Alberta!

No comments:
Post a Comment