Monday, March 24, 2008

it's weird.
i feel very refreshed right now. even though i still have to finish this interview report that was due today. i have until tomorrow to send it in.
i think i have a lot of stuff to do in the next two weeks (finish french labs ... start french labs, rather; work at the Mandarin; linguistics assignment; study for exams?) i feel really excited. I'm looking forward to something. I don't know what. maybe the end of school. I'm excited to finish school. but that means work full-time. am I excited about that?
I want a really interesting job. I'm not complaining about the Mandarin. It's good. Kind of repetitive though. However, it allows me to do more than one task: Answer the phone, take reservations, take take-out/delivery orders, capture credit cards. So it's not boring per se, but perhaps a little... repetitive. I now know how to talk to people over the phone, but it's almost like i've lost my in-person person skills.
I want to find another job (not quit Mandarin) just, another job on the side. perhaps PT both? Have a higher variety of things to do? Demetres perhaps, heard it was hiring.

This sociology of work class, is very depressing. If I actually pay attention, I learn about a lot of depressing things that happen in the "real world" how people don't really care about others. It makes me realize that I really have limited myself to a Christian bubble. It's like I've forgotten what the "real world" is about. I feel that sometimes I was more aware in high school than I am in university. I don't listen to the radio, I've stopped reading even the Gazette. I still get Macleans but I rarely read it now. I've lost a lot of the things that I developed to help educate myself of the outside world. I'm stuck in a university bubble.
I know that last year, I would express that some people were stuck in the little social bubbles, barely talking to people outside. This year, I got stuck in that situation myself. I don't know how to get out, cuz I've gotten myself so stuck into it. My lifestyle has developed so that I talk to only my house mates and a very limited number of people outside my house. I rarely talk to the people from asian clubs, my friends are all ACFers...

i've gotten so involved in Christian-related things.. that..i feel lost.. and.. useless to the world... all the skills and knowledge that I have gathered in life, has been put into this closet... i know there's the whole "new life" thing.. but.. i'm not sure if i'm quite happy with it right now.. it's like i'm limiting myself.. and.. not.. very.. *sigh* i duno.

am i going backwards?

No comments: