Tuesday, November 11, 2008

everyday when you're walking down the street

So in high school, doing something different got you respect. In university, you would think that that trend would continue onwards, perhaps to a higher level. However, it seems as if conformity of sorts is the way to go. That is the way to get established, to get recognized, to get things done.and here I go making comparisons. but I don't think I'm actually comparing myself to others right now. I'm just making an observation. That's all.

Realization #1: You are your own person. You make your own dreams, you set your own goals, you live your own life. What you do cannot be compared to what somebody else's achievements. They've led a different life from your own, they've gone down a different path, met different people along the way, crossed different obstacles that you may have only heard of. University is like the cantina scene in Star Wars: it's just a common place that travelers of the galaxy meet up and stay temporarily, exchanging stories, getting into conflicts, adding a little more experience to life.

No comments: